Subject: Qt5 apps crash at startup on Linux host

From: André Wöbbeking <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 01:03:06 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.18

Hi,

Any Qt 5.3 app starting on a Linux host crashes with this backtrace:

__lll_unlock_elision                elision-unlock.c:29
XIQueryVersion                      XIQueryVersion.c:47
QXcbConnection::initializeXInput2   qxcbconnection_xi2.cpp:84
QXcbConnection::QXcbConnection	    qxcbconnection.cpp:336
QXcbIntegration::QXcbIntegration    qxcbintegration.cpp:161
QXcbIntegrationPlugin::create       qxcbmain.cpp:58

These apps run fine locally.

I also get this warning before the apps crash:

xcb_randr_get_output_primary_reply_t *primary =
        xcb_randr_get_output_primary_reply(xcb_connection(), primaryCookie, 
&error);
if (!primary || error) {
    qWarning("QXcbConnection: Failed to get the primary output of the 
screen");
    free(error);
}

And xrandr prints:

"xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default"

I'm using current Debian testing.

Cheers,
André

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 08:35:06 +0000

Control: reassign -1 nxagent
Control: found -1 3.5.0.27
Control: severity -1 important

Hi André,

> I'm using current Debian testing.

this actually is a bug in NX Agent.

It basically means that the XRandR extension in NX-libs is tooooo old.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: André Wöbbeking <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 13:34:37 +0200

Hi Mike,

> It basically means that the XRandR extension in NX-libs is tooooo old.

Even the crash? That seems to be related to XInput2 somehow.

And is there a chance that NX-libs will be updated in the near future?

Cheers,
André