Subject: Bug#637: nx-libs improvements

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 08:41:20 -0500

Hi Andre.

I know it's been a while since you replied to this bug.

However, the X2Go project and the Arctica Project have started doing
major code cleanups to nx-libs on the new 3.6.x branch. Many of those
code cleanups are big because they involve making nx-libs using the
system version of X11-related libraries rather than nx-libs bundling
its own (horribly outdated) version of those libraries. Those changes
will improve compatibility with some X11 apps, but not Qt5 apps.

After those code cleanups are complete, we will look into either
rebasing nx-libs against the latest X.org, or backporting features
such as newer RandR and XInput2 to nx-libs. In either case, Qt5 apps
will become compatible.

There is no ETA though.

Code and issues are located here:
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/tree/3.6.x
Code is also located here:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.6.x

-Mike#2

---

From: André Wöbbeking <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:08:19 +0100

Hi Michael,

> such as newer RandR and XInput2 to nx-libs. In either case, Qt5 apps

That's great!

> There is no ETA though.

Well, with Qt 5.4 plain X11 apps don't crash anymore :-) (but I still get this 
warning "QXcbConnection: Failed to get the primary output of the screen").

And QtCreator works for me with "-noload Welcome" (AFAIK this disables a QML 
plugin using OpenGL).

Cheers,
André

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 12:32:54 +0000

Control: merge 78 -1

Hi all,

> And QtCreator works for me with "-noload Welcome" (AFAIK this disables a QML

Merging this issue (although solved) into #78, the collector for all  
"Xrandr is too old issues in nx-libs".

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb