Subject: Bug#633: Published applications: subdirectories are ignored

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 03:33:05 +0000

Package: x2goserver
Severity: normal
Version: 4.0.1.18
X-Debbugs-Cc: Milan Knížek <[email-masked]>

Hi Milan,

the below issues hasn't been known, so far. On my Debian jessie system  
I also notice that the KDE people install into subfolders of  
/usr/share/applications/.

Let me get some feedback from the KDE maintainers in Debian, why they  
do it and what the freedesktop.org specs say about this.

Mike

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Milan Knížek  
<[email-masked]> -----
   Datum: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:06:29 +0200
     Von: Milan Knížek <[email-masked]>
Betreff: [X2Go-User] Published applications: subdirectories are ignored
      An: [email-masked]

Hello,

is it a known limitation of X2Go that as published applications are only
those listed, which reside in /etc/x2go/applications, and any that are
in subdirectories such as /etc/x2go/applications/kde4 are ignored by
X2Go client?

(Tested on pyhoca-gui 0.4.0.8, x2goserver 4.0.1.15. I work-around that
by symlinking each .desktop file individually
instead  /usr/share/applications only.)

Regards,
Milan

----- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht -----

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb