Subject: Bug#620: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#620: x2goclient hides KDE kickoff start panel before application selection if panel auto hide option selected

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:57:49 +0000

Control: reassign -1 nxagent
Control: forcemerge -1 #492

Hi Diego,

On  Do 25 Sep 2014 11:08:22 CEST, Diego COSTE wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> this is not the same problem.
> The panel always gets displayed when I move to the bottom of the screen,
> but not long enough.
> I suppose that at this moment KDE considers that the mouse cursor is not
> over the menu any more and therefore auto-hides it.
> I suspect there might be some special moves of the cursor right after
> initial display of the panel that enable persistent display of the menu,
> but I did not manage to guess any logic that would consistently lead to
> this expected behaviour.
> When it occurs though, the menu may remain displayed indefinitely.
>
> Diego

Ohhhh, now I get what you mean... We actually have a bug report like that:

I guess your issue and #492 [1] boil down to the same reason.

The problem is that NX in windowed desktop session mode does not  
handle it well, when the mouse pointer leaves the window / crosses the  
NX desktop window border.

Can you please do one thing for me? -> Launch a KDE session in Xephyr,  
using the same user profile. How does Xephyr handle it when the mouse  
pointer is moved to the bottom border of the windowed X11/Xephyr  
session?

Mike

[1] http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=492

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb