Subject: Bug#618: KDE panel and LXDE panel are hidden after login to x2go session

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 22:44:19 +0300

Package: x2goagent
Version: 2:3.5.0.27-0~446~ubuntu14.04.1

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.15-0~847~ubuntu14.04.1

Package: x2goserver-extensions
Version: 4.0.1.15-0~847~ubuntu14.04.1

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.2.1+hotfix1+build4

Server = Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (x86)
Client = Windows 8.1 (x86_64)

After logging into x2go Server, I see either KDE or LXDE start up, as
configured.

Start up finishes but the panel in either KDE or LXDE is not shown.

I press Alt+F2 to open the 'Run' application and start xterm.

I run 'xrandr -s 1280x720', the x2go/X11 window size changes OK and
the menu in either KDE or LXDE shows up automatically.

I saw that someone had ran into this bug in 2012:

    http://readlist.com/lists/gentoo.org/gentoo-user/33/169010.html

but there was just a temporary resolution to the problem.

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 08:05:40 +0000

Control: reassign -1 x2goclient
Control: tag -1 build-win32

Hi Aki, hi Michael (our X2Go Client maintainer for Windows),

> but there was just a temporary resolution to the problem.

@Mike#2: I presume this issue is buried in X2Go Client for Windows  
somewhere... Right?

It is known that KDE and LXDE have problems with resize events on X2Go  
session creation. I guess that the "maxmized" window has to subtract  
the Windows taskbar from the window height when launching the session.  
(Just an innocent idea without having looked at the code more  
thoroughly).

Thanks+Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb