Subject: Bug#616: Finally managed to record the issue "on tape"

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:55:48 +0200

Hi everyone,

please have a look at http://youtu.be/5RJ2kwrgeXI

This is X2Go Client 4.0.3.0 showing the 5-second startup delay
(hourglass cursor).

Note that the on-access virus scanner was disabled for this recording,
as can be seen on the lower right (red icon), so we can that one rule
out as the cause of the problem.

Things I learned, trying to capture this:
- - The effect does not occur inside a VMware Workstation VM.
  So you neither see it nor will you be able to record it there.
- - The effect does occur on real hardware as well as on a Linux-LVM
  accessed via RDP.
- - It is impossible to record the effect using CamStudio.
  While you can witness the effect occurring live, the recorded video
  will only show the regular mouse arrow.
- - Recording the effect was possible using Microsoft Expression Encoder.
  $DEITY knows why.

@Alex: This effect occurs since you tried to introduce the "reaper"
process (even before you split x2goclient.exe into half with the
helper, I think).
It was not present before that.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243