Subject: Re: Finally managed to record the issue "on tape"

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 17:51:09 +0100

Am 24.11.2014 um 15:38 schrieb Oleksandr Shneyder:

> I tried to launch newest client from nightly builds on Win7. I see
> a "waiting" pointer on the start of x2go client. But in this time I
> can use X2Go Client without problem and UI is responsible at that
> time. Did I understand you right? You have 5 sec. delay and during
> this delay you can't use a UI?

Sorry for not replying sooner.  No, we're talking about the same
cursor.  "Hourglass-and-Pointer", not "Hourglass".

So while yes, one can use the UI during these 5 seconds, it
nevertheless is confusing to the user.  The initial reaction of the
average user is "Oh, that thing's busy, I should wait".  A
non-technical user will not differentiate between
"Hourglass-and-Pointer" and "Hourglass".

Since previous versions of X2GoClient did not exhibit this behavior, I
am expecting complaints about a sudden slow startup (from
non-technical users, that are not aware of the difference between
those two cursor types) when I roll this thing out.

Is there no way we can avoid this? Maybe start the background
processes and the reaper only when a session is in the startup phase,
and not immediately when x2goclient.exe start?

- -Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243