Subject: X2Go fails to launch gnome-fallback properly on distros other than Debian and Ubuntu

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 19:17:53 -0400

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.15
Severity: normal

In /usr/bin/x2goruncommand , the logic for deciding to launch the
"gnome-fallback" session instead of the default instead of "gnome"
session is specific to Debian and Ubuntu.

The same is true for "gnome-2d", and "gnome-flashback". (Although
there are bugs in gnome-session preventing gnome-flashback from
working with X2Go. See X2Go bug #598.)

Rather than adding logic for every other distro, I have prepared a
patch that is distro-neutral. It looks for the presence of session
files under /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/ to decide which session
to (attempt to) launch. It uses the following priority:
gnome-flashback (GNOME 3.8 and later)
gnome-fallback (GNOME 3.4 and GNOME 3.6)
gnome-2d (GNOME 3.2)
gnome (GNOME2, or gnome-shell on GNOME3)

I tested it on openSUSE 12.3 (GNOME 3.6) successfully. Without this
patch, GNOME gives a warning dialog saying that it could not launch a
regular session and had to resort to a fallback session. With this
patch, it does not give that warning (because the fallback session was
intentional.)

I also tested Ubuntu 12.04: No regression

-Mike#2