Subject: GNOME3 flashback session refuses to launch on Debian 8 jessie

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:53:08 -0400

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.15
Severity: normal

The problem appears to be that the current version of source & binary
package "gnome-session", 3.12.1-3 (in both jessie and sid), checks for
hardware 3D acceleration even when launching GNOME flashback session,
which does not require acceleration.

There is probably also a problem with the composite extension not
being available (or not being new enough.)

x2goserver will probably need to pass an argument like
"--disable-acceleration-check" to gnome-session, once that argument is
implemented by gnome-session. So I figured I'd report this bug against
x2goserver.

GNOME bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=731173
Corresponding Ubuntu bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1251281
Debian bug: Couldn't find one

Mike#1, how do you propose we word this bug in the Debian BTS? Do you
want me to submit it or, should you? You are a DD after all.

BTW, the current version of gnome-session-flashback (source package:
gnome-panel) is:
jessie: 3.8.1-1
sid: 3.8.1-2

-Mike#2