Subject: Bug#590: Should libssh.dll be built with zlib support?

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 08:25:02 +0000

Hi Mike#2,

On  So 07 Sep 2014 04:04:09 CEST, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> Hi Mike#1,
>
> Should libssh.dll be built with zlib support? My 0.6.3 build is, while
> Alex's 0.5.5 build is not.
>
> -Mike

I'd say yes. I presume without linking against zlib, SSH compression  
support won't be available via libssh. But I am just guessing.

With Python X2Go, I have disabled all compression features in  
Paramiko/SSH, because the compression should rather take place (and  
does) in NX. So dropping compression in SSH brings some server-side  
relaxation on the CPU, I hope. I did not do any benchmarking on this,  
though. With Telekinesis/mTelePlayer the subjective impression is that  
it speeds up things on large videos.

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb