Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#587: x2goclient is missing VcXsrv/zlib1.dll

From: Ivan Kozik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 09:49:23 +0000

(Sending again to the right address, sorry)

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Stefan Baur <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Unable to confirm (Windows 7 x86).
> Fresh install of x2goclient-4.0.2.1+hotfix1+build3-setup.exe, running
> the actual setup.
>
> zlib1.dll *is* there, it's in the x2goclient main directory, though.
> Not in the VcXsrv subdirectory.

I do have a zlib1.dll in the x2goclient main directory, but that
wasn't enough to make VcXsrv work.

> x2goclient connects just fine and starts VcXsrv.

I found the problem: it looks like it works only when you start
x2goclient with the current directory set to the install directory (in
my case, "C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient").  It does ship with a
working shortcut, but I made my own that didn't set up the cwd
properly.

In my case, it was because runas didn't pass through the "Start In" directory:

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /savecred /profile /user:x2go
"C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient\x2goclient.exe"

but it can also happen if you just have the wrong "Start In" directory
on the shortcut.