Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#586: X2Go session sometimes slows to a crawl

From: Milan Knížek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:15:30 +0200

Stefan Radermacher píše v Čt 28. 08. 2014 v 14:23 +0200:

> After a while of running, the session can slow down so that the
> environment reacts very slowly, window changes come only after seconds,
> and mouse clicks or keyboard presses only register after several
> seconds, too. This happens even if there is no significant load on the
> server machine.
> 
> On occasion, the session can actually recover from this state.

I experience the same behaviour for about 9 months now. Server is Arch
Linux x86_64 with recent x2go server. Client is on Windows XP. I do not
use clients on other OS's, hence cannot tell otherwise. Different
versions of neither client nor server seem to have any influence on the
behaviour.

Someone on the mailing list mentioned the reason could be antivirus
scanning the temporary files (i.e. locking them) on client. Since I use
a company PC, the antivirus cannot be prevented to ignore the x2go temp
files and I cannot tell if this really is the culprit.

However, since this affects also a Linux client in your case, I am more
inclined to an idea of too recent X libs - dependencies of apps - being
incompatible with the old x2go agent. (Both Arch and Gentoo are probably
ahead with upgraded packages compared to Debian).

Milan