Subject: Yes, it is probably vxcsrc.exe crash

From: "Hanak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:22:26 +0200

You are probably right that this is vxcsrv.exe crash.
Could I switch on some debugging in order to see what is happening?

Anyway my experience is that the crash happens about 7-12 minutes after
minimizing the vxcsrc window and after new connect, my session is not
suspended. I have to start the session from very beginning.
So my problem is probably not related to bug #511.

---

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:23:41 -0400

Hi Hanak,

> You are probably right that this is vxcsrv.exe crash.
I don't think it is a vcxsrv.exe crash. Probably a bug in nxproxy
(running on the client) or nxagent (running on the server.) nxproxy
interacts with VcXsrv, so minimizing VcXsrv could trigger an nxproxy
bug.

> Could I switch on some debugging in order to see what is happening?
You can enable debug output for the client by installing the debug
build, and then launching x2goclient.exe with the --debug argument.
This will cause log info to be outputted to stdout/stderr.
This is the current released debug build:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/releases/4.0.2.1+hotfix1+build4/non-default-builds/x2goclient-4.0.2.1+hotfix1+build4-debug-setup.exe
I recommend launching xgoclient.exe with "--debug" from the command
prompt. This will make it easier for you to copy and paste the output
to a file/email.
Also, right click on the command prompt title bar, select
"properties", and increase the "screen buffer size" width to like 400.

For the server, edit /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf and set:
loglevel=debug

IIRC, in addition to causing more output to be logged to syslog, it
will also cause the per-session log files to be kept, rather than
deleted at the end of the session. For example, on my server, there is
the symlink:
/home/mike/.x2go/C-mike-319-1410831069_stDGNOME_dp32/session.log
which points to:
/tmp/.x2go-mike/session-C-mike-319-1410831069_stDGNOME_dp32.log

-Mike#2