Subject: X2Go Client writes Qt class names to .x2goclient/sessions

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:30:38 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Severity: important
Version: 4.0.3.0-preview

Hi Alex,

the new folder browser implementation in X2Go Client writes  
QtByteArray objects to .x2goclient/sessions.

"""
[General]
TEST_FOLDER=ByteArray()

[<sessionid1>]
...
"""

This information cannot be handled by PyHoca-GUI / Python X2Go. I  
understand that this is needed to store empty folder icons in the  
sessions file.

To reproduce...

  1. create a session profile in the base folder
  2. create a new folder and place the above session into that folder
  3. after I have created that folder, the above TEST_FOLDER entry  
under General appears
  4. if I then add an icon to that folder, the ByteArray gets filled  
with content.

All this information can only be handled via Qt applications. Is it  
possible to write the information in a different format? E.g. base64  
encoded string (raw image data) + the file format (->  
"<base64data>.png")?

A change of this approach before 4.0.3.0 release will be highly appreciated...

Also we should not use [General] here as the ini file section. How  
about: [Folders] or [SessionFolders]?

Mike

PS: If/Once you fix this, please remember to close this bug with your  
commit. Thanks!
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb