Subject: x2goplugin: after session startup whole local desktop unusable

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:05:48 +0100

Package: x2goplugin
Severity: grave
Version: 3.99.3.0

Hi Alex,

more tests with x2goplugin + x2goplugin-provider as release with  
x2goclient src:package 3.99.3.0.

Try this:

   o install x2goplugin-provider and x2goserver locally on the same machine
   o visit http://localhost/x2goplugin.html
   o launch the pre-configured session
   o ... till here, everything works fine now...

On my machine: after the session has come up (actually already while  
it is comming up) my whole desktop shell (awesome) refuse to accept  
almost any import from keyboard or mouse. I can neither click any of  
the x2goplugin controls nor can I click around in the started up X2Go  
session.

The X2Go session is embedded in the x2goplugin frame, just in case  
this information is relevant.

Ggreets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Oleksandr Shneyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 16:37:56 +0100

Am 08.11.2012 14:05, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> On my machine: after the session has come up (actually already while it
> is comming up) my whole desktop shell (awesome) refuse to accept almost
> any import from keyboard or mouse. I can neither click any of the
> x2goplugin controls nor can I click around in the started up X2Go session.
> 
> The X2Go session is embedded in the x2goplugin frame, just in case this
> information is relevant.
> 
> Ggreets,
> Mike
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> X2Go-Dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-dev

Hallo Mike,

I can't reproduce such behavior on my wheezy with kde4. Current version
of x2goplugin and x2goplugin-provider working on my system just fine. I
didn't see something like that early on other desktops (kde3, gnome,
lxde, xfce, ms-windows). Are you sure, that it is not a bug of awesome?
 Qt use a XEmbed protocol of X11 on linux for embedding of a widget from
one application into another application. Is it possible, that awesome
cannot handle it? Please try x2goplugin with other DM. Please try to
connect to other machines (not localhost). And try also x2goplugin
without embedding nxproxy window into client window (uncheck settings ->
Start session embedded inside website)

regards,
Alex
-- 
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik
X2go Core Developer Team

email:  [email-masked]
web: www.obviously-nice.de

--> X2go - everywhere@home