Subject: Bug#547: Alex's fix in x2goserver

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:14:44 -0400

I can confirm that Alex's commit to x2goserver (rather than
x2goclient) fixes this bug.

bf318affee905cf7cdeaa5a248dfd07bc46a8a96
Clean user SSHD process if connection between server and client lost.
This should fix error "Global request tcpip-forward failed".
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commit;h=bf318affee905cf7cdeaa5a248dfd07bc46a8a96

Mike#1
Should I retitle and reassign this bug (#547) to x2goserver? And
should we cherry-pick it for x2goserver release/4.0.0.x &
release/4.0.1.x? We should probably release updated versions of
4.0.0.x (baikal) and 4.0.1.x at least a month before we release
x2goclient 4.0.3.0. Otherwise, people will run into this bug if they
update their clients to 4.0.3.0 but do not update their servers.

-Mike#2

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:58:06 +0000

Hi Mike#2

> Should I retitle and reassign this bug (#547) to x2goserver? And

Yes, please. Can you also check for the existence of duplicate bugs?

> 4.0.0.x (baikal) and 4.0.1.x at least a month before we release

Yes. We should cherry-pick now. Actually, the two last commits on  
x2goserver.git, but I'd suggest only to the release/4.0.1.x branch  
(Baikal needs to be superceded by a new bundle release soon).

(1)

e125f82314aa53a4d6e68f779dc1282d9edc7d5f "Set default value for  
clipboard to "both" in x2gostartagent and x2goresume-session." [1]

-> on master branch
    revert this commit
    cherry-pick it again
    do "git reset HEAD~"
    move the changelog entry to 4.0.1.16
    add bug closure if appropriate
    commit it again in Alex's name (--author="Fullname <mailaddress>")
    ...
    Then cherry-pick it to release/4.0.1.x branch

(2)

Clean user SSHD process if connection between server and client lost.  
This should fix error "Global request tcpip-forward failed".  
bf318affee905cf7cdeaa5a248dfd07bc46a8a96 [2]

-> on master branch
    revert this commit
    cherry-pick it again
    do "git reset HEAD~"
    do "git add x2goserver/lib/x2gormforward"
    move the changelog entry to 4.0.1.16
    add bug closure if appropriate
    commit it again in Alex's name (--author="Fullname <mailaddress>")
    ...
    Then cherry-pick it to release/4.0.1.x branch

Mike#1

[1]  
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=e125f82314aa53a4d6e68f779dc1282d9edc7d5f
[2]  
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commit;h=bf318affee905cf7cdeaa5a248dfd07bc46a8a96

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb