Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#108: Can we close #108?

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:13:26 +0000

Hi Michael,

On  Mo 30 Jun 2014 05:49:56 CEST, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> a. Determine why the fonts are needed by some Linux applications, but
> not others.
> b. Determine what the default should be (I am leaning towards the
> "misc" set. Empirically, it solves the compatibility problems for most
> people, if not everyone. The "full" set makes the installer take much
> longer and adds lots more files to the filesystem, so I'd rather not
> make that the default.)
> c. I'll probably integrate them into the regular installer as an
> optional component, instead of putting them in a separate installer.
> This means that the installer will be 48.5 MB in size with solid lzma
> compression (compared to 56.0 MB with zlib compression.) However, in
> 2014, I think that 48.5 MB is reasonable.

How about this:

We set up a new X2Go subproject called

   x2go-xfonts.git

This subproject contains _all_ extra fonts and mainly is an NSIS installer.

This installer can be used to install those extra fonts into the  
correct directory for X2Go Client _and_ for PyHoca-GUI.

The user/admin can install if he/she wants to install the fonts at  
both locations (%ProgramFiles%\x2golient, %ProgramFiles%\PyHoca-GUI)  
or only at one of them.

The X2Go Client setup.exe should remain rather minimal IMHO.

> Do not expect the permanent fix to arrive in time for 4.0.2.1.

Absolutely fine!

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb