Subject: Bug#108: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#108: Missing fonts in X application

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:16:41 -0500

Hi Stephane, I'm the new Win32 package maintainer for X2Go Client.

I see that you worked around this issue by copying over VcXsrv's fonts folder:
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-user/2013-January/001253.html

I've experienced this bug too with ClearCase 8.0.0's "xclearcase" GUI.
It is a very old UNIX/Linux GUI and it uses motif.

My successful workaround was to both install a bunch of fonts packages
server-side (including international fonts,) and to copy over the
fonts directory.

Still, I believe that we should take the same approach that NX did and
provide a seperate setup.exe containing the extra fonts. Unless there
are any objections, that will officially be on my to do list as the
win32 package maintainer.

Note that I do not want to include the fonts in the main X2Go Client
setup.exe because:
1. They are 4,673 files, which would add a lot to the installation time
2. They are 32MB compressed with 7-zip, so they would add that much
space or more. (X2goclient 4.0.1.3's setup .exe is only 23MB).

For reference to others who need to copy fonts:
- X2Go Client 4.0.0.3 uses VcXsrv 1.12.0.1
- X2Go Client 4.0.1.2 and 4.0.1.3 use VcXsrv 1.14.2.1.

-Mike#2