Subject: Bug#536 closed by Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]> (Fixed, PyHoca-GUI 0.5.0.0-pre02 released with fix)

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 00:55:01 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the pyhoca-contrib package:

#536: PyHoca-GUI: Windows: vcxsrv.exe failed to start due to missing zlib1.dll

It has been closed by Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
536: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=536
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Fixed, PyHoca-GUI 0.5.0.0-pre02 released with fix
From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 20:53:23 -0400

I fixed this in commit be8cd93 to pyhoca-contrib.

PyHoca-GUI for Windows 0.5.0.0-pre02 was released with this fix.

Subject: PyHoca-GUI: Windows: vcxsrv.exe failed to start due to missing zlib1.dll
From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 20:25:48 -0400

Package: pyhoca-contrib

When attempting to start PyHoca-GUI 0.5.0.0-pre01 on a Windows XP SP3
VM without much software installed, I get the error message:
vcxsrv.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

It appears that this library is not necessary to have under the vcxsrv
subfolder for x2goclient because it is already in the x2goclient
folder itself.

However, for PyHoca-GUI, the library is necessary in the vcxsrv
subfolder for Pyhoca-GUI because the PyHoca-GUI folder does not
contain it.

I'm about to commit a fix.