Subject: x2goclient.exe shows "arrow and hourglass" cursor for 5 seconds during startup

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 19:42:28 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.2.1-pre01

Hi,

x2goclient for Windows up to 4.0.0.3 used to look "frozen" for a
fraction of a second during startup.

With 4.0.2.0, that annoying effect was suddenly gone, possibly due to
the change to the new pulseaudio version.
It is also not present in the nightlies up until 2014-06-11.

4.0.2.1-pre01 now exhibits a similar, slightly annoying behavior:

When run by double-click from a folder view, it displays an "arrow and
hourglass" cursor on Windows 7 x64 for approximately 5 seconds during
startup.

It does not happen when the same x2goclient.exe is run from the
commandline. There, response is instantaneous like in 4.0.2.0 and in the
nightlies up to 2014-06-11.

I have no explanation for that effect, but maybe one of our devs can
shed some light on this?

-Stefan