Subject: x2goclient deletes all files in a given directory, possible regression

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:17:49 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 3.99.3.0
Severity: important

This is happening with:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/x2goclient-3.99.3.0.interims-pre2-setup.exe
Haven't had a chance to try pre3 yet, but I am assuming it behaves the 
same, as nobody else reported the bug so far.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a batch file anyname.cmd with this content:

@echo off
\\box\x2go\Windows\x2goclient\x2goclient.exe --portable --no-menu 
--no-session-edit --hide --add-to-known-hosts --session="BOX" 
--home="%USERPROFILE%" --session-conf="\\box\x2go\box-configs\sessions" 
--autostart=iceweasel --user=unlimited1
pause

Save this file in a directory where the user has write access.

Double-click the batch file, enter password.

Close Iceweasel.

Right-Click the X2Go icon in the Notification area.
Select "BOX" (or whatever you named your session, if you didn't follow 
the example from above).

Select "Exit".

As soon as the session terminates, ALL the files in the directory where 
the batch file was stored are deleted - including the batch file itself.

This is BAD(tm).

I've seen this with an older copy of x2goclient for Windows and reported 
it to Alex back then, not sure if it never got fixed or if it cropped up 
again.