Subject: x2goclient deletes all files in a given directory, possible regression

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:17:49 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 3.99.3.0
Severity: important

This is happening with:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/x2goclient-3.99.3.0.interims-pre2-setup.exe
Haven't had a chance to try pre3 yet, but I am assuming it behaves the 
same, as nobody else reported the bug so far.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a batch file anyname.cmd with this content:

@echo off
\\box\x2go\Windows\x2goclient\x2goclient.exe --portable --no-menu 
--no-session-edit --hide --add-to-known-hosts --session="BOX" 
--home="%USERPROFILE%" --session-conf="\\box\x2go\box-configs\sessions" 
--autostart=iceweasel --user=unlimited1
pause

Save this file in a directory where the user has write access.

Double-click the batch file, enter password.

Close Iceweasel.

Right-Click the X2Go icon in the Notification area.
Select "BOX" (or whatever you named your session, if you didn't follow 
the example from above).

Select "Exit".

As soon as the session terminates, ALL the files in the directory where 
the batch file was stored are deleted - including the batch file itself.

This is BAD(tm).

I've seen this with an older copy of x2goclient for Windows and reported 
it to Alex back then, not sure if it never got fixed or if it cropped up 
again.

---

From: Oleksandr Shneyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:24:31 +0200

Hello Stefan,

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this bug. In my setup staying the batch
(and other files) undeleted...

regards,
Alex

Am 23.10.2012 15:17, schrieb Stefan Baur:
> _______________________________________________
> X2Go-Dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-dev

-- 
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik
X2go Core Developer Team

email:  [email-masked]
web: www.obviously-nice.de

--> X2go - everywhere@home

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:16:37 +0200

Further testing reveals that the bug only manifests itself if the 
directory in which the batch file is located is a root directory.

In my case, it was the user's home directory on a mapped network drive:

U:\ was mapped to \\fileserver\homedirs\myuser

and the batch file was U:\testfile.cmd

It also happens if you "subst" a drive letter:

subst U: C:\Users\myuser\Downloads

Save the file as C:\Users\myuser\Downloads\testfile.cmd and call it as 
U:\testfile.cmd - The directory C:\Users\myuser\Downloads\ gets zapped.

I can record a video of it if necessary.