Subject: Bug#517: x2goServer does not correctly detect installed Perl module "Capture::tiny"

From: "Robert Maracle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:30:16 -0400

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.15

When attempting to install x2goserver from RHEL5 Repo:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/RemoteDesktop:/x2go/RHEL_
5/, a depsolving problem is encountered for "missing"
perl(Capture::Tiny), despite the module actually being installed.

Errors:
-------------------------------------
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has depsolving
problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has
depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has depsolving
problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has
depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
-------------------------------------

Evidence of presence of perl(Capture::Tiny):
-------------------------------------
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /home/rmaracle/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:17:02 GMT
Capture::Tiny is up to date.
-------------------------------------

Transcript:
-------------------------------------
[rmaracle@CDC-BaseImage-XD ~]$ sudo yum install x2goserver
[sudo] password for rmaracle:
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: mirror.anl.gov
 * epel: mirror.steadfast.net
 * extras: centosmirror.quintex.com
 * updates: centos-mirror.jchost.net
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package x2goserver.i386 0:4.0.1.15-4.3 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) for package: x2goserver
--> Processing Dependency: x2goagent for package: x2goserver
---> Package x2goserver.x86_64 0:4.0.1.15-4.3 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) for package: x2goserver
--> Running transaction check
---> Package x2goagent.x86_64 0:3.5.0.22-2.3 set to be updated
---> Package x2goserver.i386 0:4.0.1.15-4.3 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) for package: x2goserver
---> Package x2goserver.x86_64 0:4.0.1.15-4.3 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) for package: x2goserver
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has depsolving
problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has
depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has depsolving
problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 from X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go has
depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.x86_64 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Capture::Tiny) is needed by package
x2goserver-4.0.1.15-4.3.i386 (X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
[rmaracle@CDC-BaseImage-XD ~]$ cpan Capture::Tiny
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /home/rmaracle/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:17:02 GMT
Capture::Tiny is up to date.
-------------------------------------

OS: CentOS 5.8
Kernel: 2.6.18-308.16.1.el5 
Arch: x86_64 (MultiArch 32bit)

Maybe a solution could be to check the existence of required files for
perl modules that may be installed via cpan, rather than for packages,
though it is likely doing so would cause even more trouble.