Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#517: x2goServer does not correctly detect installed Perl module "Capture::tiny"

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:38:12 +0000

Control: tag -1 not-a-bug
Control: close -1

Hi Robert,

On  Mo 16 Jun 2014 20:30:16 CEST, Robert Maracle wrote:

> Package: x2goserver
> Version: 4.0.1.15
>
> When attempting to install x2goserver from RHEL5 Repo:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/RemoteDesktop:/x2go/RHEL_
> 5/, a depsolving problem is encountered for "missing"
> perl(Capture::Tiny), despite the module actually being installed.

> [...]

The OBS packages are not so well maintained atm. (ping @Jan Engelhardt).

For RHEL5 you could use packages from [1] instead.

The yum repo for the upstream provided package is documented here [2].  
That page describes how to add EPEL-6 support to RHEL-6 based systems,  
but most of it also applies to RHEL-5. Only that not all X2Go packages  
are available as EPEL-5 packages.

As I don't consider this to be a bug, I close this report. Please  
let's continue the discussion on our mailing list x2go-dev [3]. Make  
sure to get subscribed.

Mike

[1] http://packages.x2go.org/epel/5/extras/x86_64/rpms/perl-Capture-Tiny/
[2] http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:epel
[3] http://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb