Subject: Please add option to hide folder sharing options from x2goclient

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:58:19 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Version: 4.0.2.0

Similar to Bugs http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=364 and
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=365, I would like to
request an additional commandline parameter for x2goclient.

The parameter should be named --no-sharing or similar, and what it
should do is hide the folder sharing options

- in an active session, the "<Session Name>/Share Folder" entry on
  X2Go's taskbar icon context menu when minimized
- also in an active session, the "Share Folder" icon in the session
  window when not minimized
- in the session preferences windows, the "Shared folders" tab

The reason for this is that in environments where folder sharing is
disallowed by the admin (users not members of fuse group/fuse not
installed on server), it irritates the users, as those of the
"tinkering" type try to configure a shared folder, fail, and complain to
the admins. So it would be cool to be able to hide these options with a
command line switch.

Also, in environments where folder sharing *is* allowed, but where its
settings should not be changeable by the user, hiding the option and
making the config file readonly would be a way to keep users from making
unwanted changes.

-Stefan