Subject: Please add option to hide folder sharing options from x2goclient

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:58:19 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Version: 4.0.2.0

Similar to Bugs http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=364 and
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=365, I would like to
request an additional commandline parameter for x2goclient.

The parameter should be named --no-sharing or similar, and what it
should do is hide the folder sharing options

- in an active session, the "<Session Name>/Share Folder" entry on
  X2Go's taskbar icon context menu when minimized
- also in an active session, the "Share Folder" icon in the session
  window when not minimized
- in the session preferences windows, the "Shared folders" tab

The reason for this is that in environments where folder sharing is
disallowed by the admin (users not members of fuse group/fuse not
installed on server), it irritates the users, as those of the
"tinkering" type try to configure a shared folder, fail, and complain to
the admins. So it would be cool to be able to hide these options with a
command line switch.

Also, in environments where folder sharing *is* allowed, but where its
settings should not be changeable by the user, hiding the option and
making the config file readonly would be a way to keep users from making
unwanted changes.

-Stefan

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 13:10:09 +0000

Hi Stefan,

> making the config file readonly would be a way to keep users from making

Maybe this bug should be renamed to:

   "Test server-side group membership and hide sharing options if  
connecting user is not
    in group fuse"

???

Having such an option configurable client-side does only make a little  
sense too me, but not much.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 15:16:56 +0200

Am 07.06.2014 15:10, schrieb Mike Gabriel:

> connecting user is not in group fuse"
> 
> ???
> 
> Having such an option configurable client-side does only make a
> little sense too me, but not much.

Logic flaw: You cannot check group membership before connecting.
Session preferences can be set in disconnected state, and that's where
the "Shared folders" tab is located.

So, you could split it up:

a) --no-sharing -> disables "Shared folders" tab in session preferences

b) After connect: not member of fuse group -> sharing-related
                                              icons/context menus
                                              disabled and hidden

-Stefan