Subject: Fwd: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#512: Bug#512: Bug#448: Bug#512: Auto log-in (ssh-agent) doesn't work since 4.0.1.2

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:59:11 +0200

Damn,

this should have gone directly to the bugtracker, but I mis-clicked when
responding.

-Stefan

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Am 16.07.2014 10:54, schrieb Stefan Baur:
> Am 16.07.2014 10:43, schrieb Ilia Shakitko:
>> I've installed: x2goclient-4.0.2.1+hotfix1-setup.exe
>>
>> It still doesn't work. It asks me for a credentials. What should I input
>> - I have no idea. I tried my key password, I tried password from my
>> machine - doesn't work.
> 
> I'm unable to confirm/reproduce that.  Running
> x2goclient-4.0.2.1+hotfix1-setup.exe, PuTTY/Pageant and Windows 7 works
> just fine for me.  Only Pageant asks for my password (once, when it
> loads the key).
> 
> My guess is that there's something broken in your client-side x2go config.
> 
> Can you post a screen shot of the session config window?  The first tab
> is sufficient, and you can censor the server name/ip if you want.

Indeed it is user error:

Ilia provided this screenshot:
http://picpaste.com/e25e23ec34370445d7a579af7d10c7bb.png

It clearly shows that he's specifying a key file - and one in the wrong
format (*.ppk), too - when he actually wants to use Agent authentication.

Ilia:
If you want to use an SSH agent (like Pageant on Windows),
1) *DO* check the "Try auto login (ssh-agent or default ssh key)" box, but
2) *DO NOT* enter anything in the "Use RSA/DSA key for ssh connection"
field!

You only need to specify a keyfile at "Use RSA/DSA key for ssh
connection" if you *DO NOT* want to use SSH agent authentication.

And *IF* you specify a keyfile there, it must adhere to the OpenSSH
keyfile standard. A *.PPK file will *NOT* work, as PuTTY/Pageant uses a
different format.

-Stefan
_______________________________________________
x2go-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev