Subject: Bug#511: Cannot resume session, automatically suspends after connecting

From: Mario Becroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:36:56 +1200

I encountered the same problem, characterised by:

1. Warning about fonts in the log.

2. Session resumes briefly but then automatically suspends after about 1
second.

3. Log messages in ~/x2go/*/session.log as follows:

---
nxagentReconnectFailedFonts: WARNING! Font server tunneling not retrieved.
nxagentReconnect: WARNING! Unable to retrieve all the fonts currently in use. Mi
ssing fonts have been replaced.
nxagentSighupHandler: WARNING! Ignoring the signal in state [SESSION_GOING_UP].
keyboard file created
Session: Session resumed at 'Tue Jul 29 17:10:00 2014'.
Info: Screen [0] resized to geometry [1920x1200] fullscreen [0].
Session: Suspending session at 'Tue Jul 29 17:10:03 2014'.
Info: Waiting the cleanup timeout to complete.
Session: Session suspended at 'Tue Jul 29 17:10:03 2014'.
---

The cause of the problem was indeed that some fonts were missing on the
client (a gentoo system). I simply installed all the font packages I
could find one at a time until the problem went away.

In my opinion, the x2go client is not capable of running with missing
fonts, despite the message indicating that missing fonts will be
replaced. I think this may be a bug.

Tested with x2goserver version 4.0.1.15 and x2goclient version 4.0.2.0.

---

From: Reinhard Tartler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:13:11 -0400

I think this is a duplicate of:
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=441

I'm a bit confused that you state that you are using x2goserver
version 4.0.1.15, which does not seem to be available for CentOS6.

Who can update the package there?

Best,
Reinhard

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 19:11:30 +0000

Hi Reinhard,

> http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=441

Can you enlarge on why you think #511 is a duplicated of #441? I don't  
see that right away.

> Who can update the package there?

The official X2Go package for CentOS6 come from the EPEL-6 project.

We provide unofficial RPM builds that are similar to the EPEL-6  
provided packages [1]. Maybe it got installed from there.

[1] http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:epel

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb