Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#503: Can't start X Server, please check your installation

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 15:12:22 +0200

Am 27.05.2014 14:34, schrieb postmaster:

> so i try to desinstall and reinstall but, OMG, X2GO REMEMBER THE OLD
> PARAMETERS.
> (the baby seal with My session / [email-masked] / gnome / 800x600 /
> enabled)

That's not OMG, that's desired behavior.  Just imagine what would happen
if uninstalling Microsoft Office would mean all your Word and Excel
documents would get deleted as well.  Same here.  Uninstall purges the
program files, but not the data.

> so the desinstallation is not clean !

To purge the data from the particular user profile, you either have to
remove the registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Obviously
Nice\x2goclient (in case of a standard x2goclient Windows installation),
or delete the ".x2goclient" folder from the user's home directory (if
you were using x2goclient in portable mode).
This is something you have to do *per user*, so if you logged in as
Administrator to (un)install x2goclient, you need to log off, and log
back on again as the user you were running x2goclient under, *then* run
regedit *as the user* and remove the above-specified tree.

[...]

> so i return to 3.99.2.2
> goodbye 4.X
> :-/

Also, you were using an outdated 4.x release.  Please try 4.0.2.0
instead of 4.0.1.3.

-Stefan