Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#496: Some Investigation

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 07:56:18 +0000

Hi Mike#2,

On  Mi 02 Jul 2014 05:32:59 CEST, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> I just tried out VcXsrv-xp 1.14.3.2 on its own, not with X2Go. I
> launched an XDMCP session using "XLaunch" in "One large window" mode.
>
> I also tried out Cygwin X11 on its own. I ran "X -query <hostname>",
> which appears to be the same as what I did in XLaunch.
>
> Results:
> Whether I am at the gdm login screen, or I am logged into the gnome2
> session (centos 6.5), VcXsrv does not respond to ctrl+alt+F.
>
> Conclusion:
> ctrl+alt+F must be an X2Go-specific feature, not a common Xwin feature.

I remember to have seen that in X2Go Client VcXsrv gets launched with  
several different options, depending on the session mode (desktop,  
rootless, windowed desktop, fullscreen desktop). I always wondered why  
that is the case.

In Python X2Go I use these VcXsrv options [1] for all kinds of session  
and I think to remember that I don't observe any troubles when  
switching fullscreen back and fourth. Though, I am not 100% sure. (You  
may want to test the latest pyhoca-gui build for win32 and cross-check  
that).

Mike#1

[1]  
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=python-x2go.git;a=blob;f=x2go/defaults.py;h=c235e156b065cb5b6efbe12f431ab0aecc4de08c;hb=2f57967afb301017cbe9f0325eb28c7d9ba95be9#l236
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb