Subject: Bug#475: Happens to me too, at least partially

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:30:52 -0400

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM, Klaus Ade Johnstad
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> When using x2client 4.0.2.0 on Mac OS X 10.8, I notice that x2goagent
> will consume 90-100% of cpu the whole time, and the load goes much
> higher than when using x2goclient 4.0.1.3.

At work, on our RHEL 6.5 64-bit server running GNOME2 and X2Go Heuler
over the last several months (X2Go is updated monthly) (My default
shell is TCSH for legacy reasons):

Once I observed every process under my x2go session using up tons of
CPU. I had to kill those processes.

I do not think I have observed x2goagent/nxagent using up tons of CPU,
but it has 8 physical cores so it is not noticeable if only 1 is maxed
out.

The client has been X2Go Client 4.0.1.x and 4.0.2.0 on Windows 7 SP1
64-bit. I am running a full GNOME xsession.

>
> I have seen the "remote UI breakage" that the original reporter
> mentions, the UI becomes really unresponsive after a while, and
> clicking an icon might sometimes only produce a result after 30
> seconds, or nothing at all.

I have observed this problem all the time on the aforementioned server
& client. My workaround is to disconnect & reconnect frequently (or to
use Cygwin X11 manually tunneled over SSH.)

> The server is running Debian Wheeze with x2goserver 4.0.1.15.
>
>
> --
> Klaus Ade Johnstad
>[...]

-Mike#2