Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#475: Also seen on Centos 6.5 with Windows 7 client

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 19:38:32 +0000

Hi Alan,

On  Fr 25 Jul 2014 00:44:29 CEST, Alan Peter Fitch wrote:

> I've seen this on Centos 6.5 with the Windows 7 x2go client, both 4.0.2.0.
>
> I tried downgrading the client all the way back to 3.11 with no effect.
>
> One interesting point - a colleague running x2goclient on Ubuntu 12 LTS
> (client version was 3.99) did *not* experience the problem.
>
> In my environment it makes x2go unusable, so I'm now investigating xpra
> to get the resume/suspend functionality.

Can you detect where exactly the sesion startup hangs?

My guess is that you have an everlasting x2gostartagent process on the  
X2Go Server machine that loops endlessly while detecting a free TCP/IP  
port for binding its forwarding tunnel endpoints to.

We have to rely on a little testing here. Thanks.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb