Subject: Bug#475: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#475: remote UI?

From: Eugene San <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 11:04:41 +0300

By "remote UI" I mean UI components rendered in X window, created by x2goclient.
Remote desktop manages to draw only gnome-panel and sometimes keychain
password input dialog.
After that only few elements on panel are "click-able" but no new
windows/dialogs are shown.

I suspect the issue is related to keyboard mapping changes for OSX in
4.0.2.0, because:
a) x2goagent's strace is constatnly flooded with something like this:
write(39, "xkb_keymap \"default\" {\nxkb_keyco"..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, " <I6B> = 235;\n     <I6C> = 236;\n"..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "      modifiers= RAlt;\n        m"..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "     map[Shift+Lock+LevelThree+L"..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "l_name[Level3]= \"Alt Base\";\n    "..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "l) {\n        repeat= True;\n     "..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "fee9+AnyOfOrNone(all) {\n        "..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "       action= SwitchScreen(scre"..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "roup2]= [            0xe7,      "..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "6c,            0x4c ],\n        s"..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, " ] };\n    key <KPEQ> {         ["..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "RM\",   1 },\n                { <A"..., 4096) = 4096
write(39, "top=  20;\n            left= 1;\n "..., 2530) = 2530
close(39)
b) ltrace flooded with keyboard related strcmp() calls like following:
__fprintf_chk(0x232f310, 1, 0x810282, 0x7fcb39, 0xb22878)

    = 17
strncmp("MDSWESC", "AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)

    = 12
strncmp("ESC", "AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)

    = 4
strncmp("AE01AE02AE03AE04AE05AE06AE07AE08"...,
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                            = 3
strncmp("AE02AE03AE04AE05AE06AE07AE08AE09"...,
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                            = 3
strncmp("AE03AE04AE05AE06AE07AE08AE09AE10"...,
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                            = 3
strncmp("AE04AE05AE06AE07AE08AE09AE10AE11"...,
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                            = 3
strncmp("AE05AE06AE07AE08AE09AE10AE11AE12"...,
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                            = 3
strncmp("AE06AE07AE08AE09AE10AE11AE12BKSP"...,
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                            = 3
strncmp("AE07AE08AE09AE10AE11AE12BKSPTAB",
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                                = 3
strncmp("AE08AE09AE10AE11AE12BKSPTAB",
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                                    = 3
strncmp("AE09AE10AE11AE12BKSPTAB",
"AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)
                                        = 3
strncmp("AE10AE11AE12BKSPTAB", "AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"...,
4)
     = 3
strncmp("AE11AE12BKSPTAB", "AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)

    = 3
strncmp("AE12BKSPTAB", "AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)

    = 3
strncmp("BKSPTAB", "AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)

    = 1
strncmp("TAB", "AB04AB05AB06AB07AB08AB09AB10RTSH"..., 4)

Regards.

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 4:15 AM, Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2014 12:40 PM, "Eugene San" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> x2goclient v4.0.2.0 running on OSX, causes remote UI breakage (no
>> input, no desktop redraw, etc) and high CPU load.
>
> Can you explain what you mean by "remote UI"?
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> X2Go-Dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-dev