Subject: Another Test

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 22:47:40 -0400

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]> wrote
>>[..]
>
> The bad news:
> I can confirm that X2Go Client for Windows 4.0.2.1+hotfix+build6 (and
> all prior versions/builds) ARE AFFECTED by this bug and ARE UNABLE to
> connect to a Debian Jessie server with openssh-server 6.7p1-2 (from
> sid) installed. Said version of X2go Client for Windows bundles and
> uses libssh 0.5.5.
>
> The good news:
> I can confirm that X2Go Client for Windows 4.0.3.0 nightly builds
> (mingw 4.8 tested) ARE NOT AFFECTED by this bug and ARE ABLE to
> connect to a Debian Jessie server with openssh-server 6.7p1-2 (from
> sid) installed. Said version of X2Go Client bundles and uses libssh
> 0.6.3.
>
> [...]
>
> -Mike#2

X2Go Client (binary package: x2goclient) 4.0.2.1-1 as it exists in
Debian Jessie right now IS NOT AFFECTED. It IS ABLE to connect the
aforementioned server. It is using Debian Jessie's libssh (binary
package: libssh-4) 0.6.3-3+b1.

Note that when you connect and perform the key exchange,
~/.ssh/known_hosts (Windows: %USERPROFILE%/ssh/known_hosts) will have
a line like the following added:
192.168.1.37 ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 <host-id>
Whereas for the old key exchange, a line like this would be added:
192.168.1.37 ssh-rsa <host-id>

-Mike#2