Subject: possible memory leak; throughput problem

From: Brian Lim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 01:49:30 -0400

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.13

I am running a Java program that performs a timer initiated operation once
per minute throughout the work day. The elapsed time of this operation is
usually about 2 milliseconds. I am viewing it remotely with either X2go or
tightvnc. When I use tightvnc, I experience no problem. When I use X2go,
there is no problem for the first 200 to 300 minutes, but at some point in
time it will start to experience long elapsed times. Elapsed times increase
gradually from about 2 milliseconds, to a few seconds, to even a few
minutes. The maximum elapsed time varies. Then the elapsed time will drop
back to 2 milliseconds and the pattern repeats.

I have been using tightvnc since 2012 and only in March of 2014 did I
switch to X2go. It is then that I noticed this problem.

This could be a memory leak problem.

The server is running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and the command x2goversion reports
the following.

x2goagent: 3.5.0.22
x2goserver: 4.0.1.13
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.13

The client is also Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and the version of x2goclient is
implied by the version of ubuntu.

Attached is a LibreOffice document containing elapsed time plots.

Brian Lim