Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#459: PolicyKit authentication within apps often fails

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:04:03 -0400

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 5:31 AM, Mike Gabriel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>
> On  So 23 Mär 2014 17:25:58 CET, Michael DePaulo wrote:
>
>>[...]
>
>
> I just fixed #458 by exporting $XAUTHORITY in x2goruncommand.

Thank you :)

> Do you have any clue what this issue may be related to? As I don't have any
> of the failing apps on Debian, I cannot reproduce your test results right
> away.

2 possible theories:
1. We are not integrating with ConsoleKit and/or logind properly.
(Although it appears that our integration with logind is better, since
Fedora 20 works better than CentOS 6.)
2. We have issues with the polcykit authentication windows not being
permitted to show up.

I think that there is different behavior when using XDMCP. I'll double
check after work.

Also, Red Hat has some KB articles on this subject. I noticed them
after I bought a RHEL subscription for home. I'll look over them
again, and update this bug with any relevant info.

> Any hint, if this issues also occurs on Debian?

I can test this with VMs. I've already created some Debian VMs for
compatibility testing with X2Go. Which of the 3 releases (squeeze,
wheezy and jessie) should I test? Squeeze is similar to CentOS 6 in
terms of versions of packages like ConsoleKit.

> Mike
[...]