Subject: Bug#443: x2goclient 4.0.2.0 HEAD FTBFS (resources.rcc errors)

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:39:10 -0500

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.2.0

Observed on Commit 5d7d9966198d64ce7846c4f65706f9e9e178e8d7
(Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:02:50 +0000 (14:02 +0100))

X2Go Client 4.0.2.0 HEAD failed to build from source.

I am using the standard setup which has worked for 4.0.1.3:
mingw32 4.4
QT 4.8.5
X2Go-WinBuilder VM (WIn7 64-bit SP1)

See attached logs. They are what happens when I run the last 2
commands mentioned in this list:
$ cd x2goclient
$ PATH=%PATH%;D:\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\4.4.0\
$ config_win.bat
$ mingw32-make
>From this page:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:build-howto-mswin:x2goclient

Note that there are errors in both config_win.bat's output, and in
mingw32-make's output. And they seem to be related to resources.rcc
not finding files.

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 21:47:02 +0000

Hi Michael, hi Alex

> mingw32-make's output. And they seem to be related to resources.rcc

The reason for the FTBFS is a series of commits from Alex adding some  
methods for retrieving more detailled information on the current X2Go  
Client build during runtime. Basically, that is a nice-to-have feature  
esp. during development cycles.

The not so good aspect is, that currently all automatic (and the  
win32) builds fail (for Linux builds see http://jenkins.x2go.org).

@Alex:

The problem is the git executable. Basically, we have to assume that  
(a) the .git folder is not present (e.g. in the tarball releases) and  
(b) the git command is not available in the build environment.

So my suggestion would be:

   o create the txt/git script before the build (I can add that to
     our buildscripts on code.x2go.org)
   o copy the changelog file via debian/rules (for the .deb package)
     and via x2goclient.spec (for the .rpm packages)
   o only make the --git cmdline switch available if ./txt/git exists
   o (and maybe rather rename --git to --git-info)
   o only make the --changelog cmdline switch available if
     ./txt/changelog exists

So basically, please split the work up into

   X2Go Client code: (todo Alex)

     o offer --git(-info) and/or --changelog if the corresponding
       ./txt/* files exists during runtime

   debian/rules | x2goclient.spec (todo Mike#1):

     o create ./txt/changelog

   x2go-build-deb-package | x2go-build-rpm-package (todo Mike#1):

     o create the git information in ./txt/git-info

   winbuider.bat (todo Mike#2)

     o create the git information in ./txt/git-info

Package maintainers of distros should (be able to) omit the creation  
of ./txt/changelog | ./txt/git-info. The upstream version and the  
package release should bear all info that is needed.

Thanks+Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 16:51:47 -0500

Great, I'll do add it to either the windows bash script or the windows
.bat script (My current design is that a bash script calls a .bat
script to do the actual building, similar to how a bash script calls
pbuilder to do the actual building for debian & ubuntu.)

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Mike Gabriel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> methods for retrieving more detailled information on the current X2Go Client
> build during runtime. Basically, that is a nice-to-have feature esp. during
> development cycles.
>
> The not so good aspect is, that currently all automatic (and the win32)
> builds fail (for Linux builds see http://jenkins.x2go.org).
>
> @Alex:
>
> The problem is the git executable. Basically, we have to assume that (a) the
> .git folder is not present (e.g. in the tarball releases) and (b) the git
> command is not available in the build environment.
>
> Package maintainers of distros should (be able to) omit the creation of
> ./txt/changelog | ./txt/git-info. The upstream version and the package
> release should bear all info that is needed.
>
> Thanks+Greets,
> Mike
>
> --
>
> DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:13:34 +0000

Hi Alex,

On  Mo 03 Mär 2014 11:22:15 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

> I'll modify source code so, that build process will check if this files
> are present.

ok.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:40:39 +0100

Control: close -1

>> I'll modify source code so, that build process will check if this files

buildscripts should take care of this.

X2Go Client has the necessary parameters, as far as I can tell. Maybe
--[git-]changelog is still missing.

Closing.

If this is still a problem, reopen or drop me a message.

Mihai

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 23:45:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goclient package:

#443: x2goclient 4.0.2.0 HEAD FTBFS (resources.rcc errors)

It has been closed by Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
443: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=443
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient 4.0.2.0 HEAD FTBFS (resources.rcc errors)
From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
To: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], Oleksandr Shneyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:40:39 +0100

Control: close -1

Closing.

Mihai

Subject: x2goclient 4.0.2.0 HEAD FTBFS (resources.rcc errors)
From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:39:10 -0500

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.2.0