Subject: x2goserver and rhel6.4 / selinux Problem

From: Frank Knoben <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:05:37 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.13

Hello,

on a scientific linux 6.4 system with selinux enabled (RedHat Clone) I 
have the following problem with x2goserver-4.0.1.13-2.el6.x86_64:

After connecting with x2goclient to the server system, the .Xauthority 
file my home directory is created with the following selinx
permissions:

---------------------------

ls -Z .Xauthority

-rw-------. frank users unconfined_u:object_r:default_t:s0 .Xauthority

--------------------------

Then I do a logout. Now, when I try to connect again to the x2go server 
system, I get
the following error message on the client side and no session is started.

-----------------------------
.....

"Warning: Cookie mismatch in the X authentication data.
"

"Session: Terminating session at 'Thu Feb 27 09:40:05 2014'.
Info: Your session was closed before reaching a usable state.
Info: This can be due to the local X server refusing access to the client.
Info: Please check authorization provided by the remote X application.
Session: Session terminated at 'Thu Feb 27 09:40:05 2014'.
"

deleting proxy

nxproxy not running

proxy deleted

-----------------------------------

But when I change the selinux permissions to

------

ls -Z .Xauthority

-rw-------. frank users unconfined_u:object_r:xauth_home_t:s0 .Xauthority

-----

with the command

/usr/bin/chcon unconfined_u:object_r:xauth_home_t:s0 .Xauthority*

there is no problem logging in to the x2goserver system the next time.

Can this be fixed in the x2goserver software?

Sincerly

Frank Knoben

Institut fuer Geometrie und Praktische Mathematik
RWTH Aachen
Aachen.
Germany