Subject: Ubuntu 14.04: x2goclient uses 200% CPU (2 cores) when remote session is started/shown

From: Achim Bohnet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:02:32 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.3-0~522~ubuntu14.04.1

When I connect from Kubuntu 14.04 to a server, also running 14.04, x2goclient 
consumes without a proxy 200 % CPU, with a proxy connection almost 300 % CPU.  
(same with pkg 4.0.1.1-1 from ubuntu archives)

I tried to connect to the same server via a Apple Laptop using the 4.0.1.3
x2goclient and it uses only a few % of the much slower CPU.

I asked a coworker running Kubuntu 12.04 to connecting to the same server and
his client only generates 3-5% CPU load.

A few weeks ago when I last used x2goclient the laptop fan didn't produce any
noice, so I assume the problem is a new one in Ubuntu 14.04.

x2goclient shows in GUI:

NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '7489'.
Session: Starting session at 'Fri Feb 21 15:40:25 2014'.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31004'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31004' established.
Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.
Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent 
session.
Info: Using ADSL link parameters 512/24/1/0.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_24'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.
Info: Using cache file '/home/allee/.x2go/cache-unix-kde-
depth_24/S-870BA80224EE2C33CB703117A2B434D3'.
Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.
Session: Session started at 'Fri Feb 21 15:40:26 2014'.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/2048K.

x2goclient --debug output appended.

Achim
 
-- 
  To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
  a koan. Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.
  You discover truth everytime you use it.
                                      -- [email-masked]

(255)allee@lap-allee:~$ x2goclient --debug
x2go-INFO-1> "Starting x2goclient..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_en_gb"
x2go-WARNING-2> "Can't load translator: :/qt_en_GB"
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address. 
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon 
x2go-INFO-3> "Started  x2goclient."
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:466> "$HOME=/home/allee"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2179> Reading 2 sessions from config file.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2783> Starting session via smartcard, ssh-agent 
or kerberos token.
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: xxx.xxx.xxx:22"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2817> Start new ssh connection to 
server:"xxx.xxx.xxx":"22" krbLogin: false
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2912> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3172> Continue normal x2go session
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3516> ""
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:4010> Executing remote command: "X2GODPI=109 
x2gostartagent 1280x800 adsl 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_24 us pc105/us 1 D KDE"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:4802> Agent output: "50
3df868d2aecfe86795176f4ca4af4ac6
24395
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24
30001
30002
30003
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5392> "Starting NX proxy, command: nxproxy -S 
nx/nx,options=/home/allee/.x2go/S-allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24/options:50"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "
NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '11120'.
Session: Starting session at 'Fri Feb 21 15:47:50 2014'.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31001'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31001' established.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Connection 
with remote proxy completed.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Warning: 
Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent session.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Using ADSL 
link parameters 512/24/1/0.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Using cache 
parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_24'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.
Session: Session started at 'Fri Feb 21 15:47:50 2014'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Established 
X server connection.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7524> "ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 1024 -N  -f 
/home/allee/.x2go/ssh/gen/key.T11116 -q"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7531> ssh-keygen succeeded.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7355> Key created on: 
"/home/allee/.x2go/ssh/gen/key.T11116"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:8795> Starting fs tunnel for: 
"allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:8796> fs port: "30003"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7590> Exported key: 
"/home/allee/.x2go/ssh/gen/key.T11116"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7593> Key removed.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Using 
shared memory parameters 1/2048K.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994069_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9934> "Proxy win found: 62914591"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Session: 
Terminating session at 'Fri Feb 21 15:49:49 2014'.
Session: Session terminated at 'Fri Feb 21 15:49:49 2014'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5524> Deleting Proxy.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5573> Waiting for proxy to exit.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5593> Checking exit status.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5644> Finished Proxy.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:8744> "Command Message: exec startkde
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2783> Starting session via smartcard, ssh-agent 
or kerberos token.
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: xxx.xxx.xxx:22"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2817> Start new ssh connection to 
server:"xxx.xxx.xxx":"22" krbLogin: false
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2912> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3172> Continue normal x2go session
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3516> ""
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:4010> Executing remote command: "X2GODPI=109 
x2gostartagent 1280x800 adsl 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_24 us pc105/us 1 D KDE"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:4802> Agent output: "50
38ecc6a04c59465695ca35c904141174
27047
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24
30001
30002
30003
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5392> "Starting NX proxy, command: nxproxy -S 
nx/nx,options=/home/allee/.x2go/S-allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24/options:50"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "
NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '11212'.
Session: Starting session at 'Fri Feb 21 15:53:54 2014'.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31001'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31001' established.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7524> "ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 1024 -N  -f 
/home/allee/.x2go/ssh/gen/key.j11116 -q"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7531> ssh-keygen succeeded.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7355> Key created on: 
"/home/allee/.x2go/ssh/gen/key.j11116"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:8795> Starting fs tunnel for: 
"allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:8796> fs port: "30003"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7590> Exported key: 
"/home/allee/.x2go/ssh/gen/key.j11116"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:7593> Key removed.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Connection 
with remote proxy completed.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Warning: 
Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent session.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Using ADSL 
link parameters 512/24/1/0.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Using cache 
parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_24'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.
Session: Session started at 'Fri Feb 21 15:53:55 2014'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Established 
X server connection.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Using 
shared memory parameters 1/2048K.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9928> "Searching proxy win: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11418> "Searching window with title: X2GO-
allee-50-1392994432_stDKDE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9934> "Proxy win found: 62914591"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Session"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5661> Proxy wrote on stderr: ": Terminating 
session at 'Fri Feb 21 15:55:05 2014'.
Session: Session terminated at 'Fri Feb 21 15:55:05 2014'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5524> Deleting Proxy.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5573> Waiting for proxy to exit.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5593> Checking exit status.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5644> Finished Proxy.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:8744> "Command Message: exec startkde
"

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 15:15:27 +0000

Control: close -1

Hi Achim,

if you use X2Go Client 4.0.1.5 and above this performance issue should  
be solved.

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb