Subject: Dev packages for X2Go Server "sneaked" themselves into the Baikal LTS package archive

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 20:34:59 +0000

Control: close -1

Hi all,

I have just stumbled over a very severe flaw in our X2Go package  
archive for Debian [1].

A development snapshot of X2Go Server (4.1.0.0-preview) got uploaded  
to the Baikal LTS area.

That is a very very severe problem to people who run the long-term  
supported version of X2Go Server.

I have just kicked of a rebuild of all X2Go Server packages of that  
archive and will provide an announcement and a troubleshooting /  
downgrading recipe tomorrow.

I deeply apologize for this very severe flaw and big thanks to John  
McMonagle for unravelling this.

Unfortunately, his message got ignored till now...

Regards,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb