Subject: Bug#422: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#422: Commit 7fad67c4 is the culprit

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 01:12:16 -0400

Actually, I spoke too soon.

7fad67c46188991c04a42b190349ebb3f4a1756f appears to have introduced an
even worse regression. The regression that prevents me from starting
pulseaudio.exe altogether. Specifically, I cannot even start it from
the command line. This regression occurs even when the cookie already
exists. This regression precludes testing for our
bug/issue/incompatibility. It was obviously fixed by 3.0 final.

I can however confirm that its parent,
3e9cd3cfcf9998bebe0785bb4427b4a55db0128d , is not affected by either
this report's bug/issue/incompatibility (or the horrible regression
that 7fad67c46188991c04a42b190349ebb3f4a1756f introduced.)

I need to get to bed now. I'll test later revisions. I'll probably do
so tomorrow.

-Mike#2

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM, Stefan Baur
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Am 13.03.2014 05:17, schrieb Michael DePaulo:
>> After repeated testing of PulseAudio builds leading up to PulseAudio
>> 3.0, I determined that this commit introduced this
>> bug/incompatibility:
>> 7fad67c46188991c04a42b190349ebb3f4a1756f
>> 2012-05-15 17:06:53 (GMT)
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=7fad67c46188991c04a42b190349ebb3f4a1756f
>
> That's a nice birthday present. ;-)
> So how do we move forward from here?
> Can we work around this issue by patching x2goclient, or should the
> pulseaudio guys revert/change this commit?
>
> -Stefan