Subject: Bug#422: Status Update

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:08:55 -0400

Status Update

1.
x2goclient's 4.0.2.0 2014.03.05 nightly build was the last nightly
build to be built with --console. So I ran that build with --debug.

I've attached the output. I wonder if x2goclient is detecting that
pulseaudio.exe stopped and then restarting it, or if x2goclient is
forcefully restarting pulseaudio.exe? I'm leaning towards the former
explanation. Other than that though, the logs do not help me debug
this bug.

2.
It seems likely that this PulseAudio commit (which made it into
PulseAudio 3.0) triggered this bug, since it changed the logic for
cookie creation, in addition to specifying a different default cookie
path.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=87ae8307057944662bb8a4b638f56fa980eef48a

Most likely the bug/incompatibility lies in one or both of these files:
src/pulsecore/authkey.c
src/pulse/client-conf.c

I plan on compiling pulseaudio before and after this commit to
determine empirically if this commit triggered this
bug/incompatibility.