Subject: I simplified the approach

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 15:13:33 -0400

TLDR: X2Go Client 4.0.2.0 will now keep on using the old cookie path
like "C:\Users\mike\.x2go\pulse\.pulse-cookie", same as it did with
4.0.1.3, no matter what version of PulseAudio is in use.

Tanuk (the lead developer on PulseAudio) clarified that pulseaudio.exe
(the PulseAudio server) isn't supposed to respect %PULSE_COOKIE%, only
the client libs (on the x2go server) are supposed to respect it. (I
should have read the pulseaudio (1) manpage more closely.) Instead,
pulseaudio.exe respects "auth-cookie", that we need to specify for
"module-native-protocol-tcp" in config.pa. "auth-cookie" doesn't seem
to be in the manpages, but it is specified in the 2nd link below.
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75006
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules/#index22h3

So I updated X2Go Client's Windows cookie handling logic to specify
old the path for PulseAudio 3.0 & later. I then removed the logic to
accommodate the new path.

The end result is that when X2GoClient 4.0.2.0 is released, we will
keep using the old cookie path, thus simplifying things for any power
users who need to manage their .x2go directory.

This change is in commits:
a6ab2c7879e3fb23edee2acaa4e3e21d978aa201
034afc36143134ce0fe272422bd410ca5125834e

And I've tested this change successfully.