Subject: Also

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:31:50 -0400

Also,

I forgot to write up these notes earlier. These are notes on me trying
to debug this bug. These notes suggest that this bug is not a bug in
PulseAudio, but rather an incompatibility between X2Go Client and
PulseAudio.

When pulseaudio.exe (3.0 and later) is launched from the command line,
there is different behavior:
1. The cookie is created. By default, it is created at
C:\Users\mike\.config\pulse\cookie
2. pulseaudio.exe stays running.

I use the same command that x2go uses (with an actual x2go config file
generated for pulseaudio):

pulseaudio.exe -n -F c:\path-to-config.pa

I also tried setting the environment variables to the same ones that
x2goclient.exe sets. Still, the cookie was created and pulseaudio.exe
stayed running.
(I do not have the exact env vars on me at the moment. However, I
viewed them using Process Explorer.)
Since x2goclient.exe overrides USERPROFILE, that was one of the env
vars I set. The cookie was created relative to it, for example,
C:\Users\mike\.x2go\pulse\.config\pulse\cookie

Maybe the use of forward slashes vs backslashes, or the use of the 8.3
format for some of the path values is to blame. However, I used the
same exact values for those env vars on the command line, and still
the behavior differed from when x2goclient.exe launches pulseaudio.exe