Subject: GNOME session still resizes to 1920x1200 at login

From: Ryan Tandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:40:38 -0800

[re-sending after unarchiving, apologies if this reaches you twice]

Hi,

Sorry to reopen an old bug, but I still experience it with GNOME 
Flashback in Ubuntu 14.04/14.10 and current packages from the X2Go PPA. 
The screen resizes itself to the size configured in monitors.xml, or 
1920x1200 if that is missing, at login.

Please find attached debug logs of unity-settings-daemon and its xrandr 
plugin during lightdm and x2go sessions, for comparison.

Looking at the logs, I am wondering if there is a mismatch between the 
Xinerama and RandR information provided by the server. In one log the 
initial window size (1024x768) seems to be detected properly, while in 
the other, the monitor size (which I think is detected via Xinerama) is 
detected as 1920x1200, which has nothing to do with either the window 
size or my client display size (1920x1080).

I think some of the symptoms from the original report constitute a 
separate bug, that resizing the client window does not (judging from the 
gsd-randr log) generate RandR events in the session. Not sure which 
component that bug would belong to.

-- 
Ryan Tandy - Programmer/Analyst                      [email-masked]
School District 63 (Saanich)                           +1 250 652 7385