Subject: confirming disappearing single applications

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 04:45:07 +0000

Control: tag -1 confirmed

Hi,

I just experienced a similar issue as described by bug report #418.

I thought, it might be helpful to track the lost window id (xprop  
-root), but funnily, the server-side nxagent X-Server has no  
registered windows in rootless applications mode:

With the lost iceweasel window after resuming, as well as with a new  
iceweasel single application session, I get this output from xprop:

"""
gabmik@tjener:~$ xprop -root
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "base", "pc105", "de", "nodeadkeys",  
"compose:rctrl,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
WM_STATE(WM_STATE):
		window state: Normal
		icon window: 0x0
"""

The xprop -root command on the client side, however, provides  
information on the single application session window (iceweasel) when  
it is started new.

In my case where the iceweasel window did not reappear on session  
resumption, no window id was listed on the client side.

Hmmm...

Weird phenomenon.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb