Subject: Bug#417: Two screens, wrong screen used for limits of positioning context menus

From: Daniel Michalik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:02:58 +0100

Hi Mike,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:16:05PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> this is a very special behaviour on a special setup. We will not be
> able to track this down soon, I am sorry. We may look at it for a
> certain amount of project sponsoring. Please let me know if that is
> an option for you (or your company in case you use X2Go at work).

Thank you for your answer. I cannot help you with sponsoring
unfortunately. However I did some further investigations and I believe
this issue might be more general than it looks like, I think it applies
to all multiple screen scenarios where session type is single
application. It should therefore be much easier to reproduce than
anticipated.

I retested this without a portrait screen but rather a classical dual
monitor setup, that is two landscape monitors next to each other. At
same resolution ("identical screens") there is no problem with the
context menu placement when being close to the bottom edge. But the
placement is wrong when being close to the right edge of the left
screen. With different resolutions of the screens the behaviour is
always consistent with the larger vertical resolution.

My suggestion for the error source is that the bottom right corner of
the ENTIRE area available is used when the placement of the context menu
is decided, rather than the bottom right corner of the individual
screen. All tests with various resolutions, orientations and placements
of the screens are consistent with that. Let me add that this happens
both with and without the Xinerama option turned on.

I hope this information can help tracking the issue down.
Kind regards,
Daniel