Subject: Re: Bug#417: Two screens, wrong screen used for limits of positioning context menus

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:16:05 +0000

Control: reassign -1 nxagent
Control: severity -1 minor
Control: found -1 3.5.0.23

Hi Daniel,

On  Di 28 Jan 2014 16:35:52 CET, Daniel Michalik wrote:

> Package: xinerama
> Version: 4.0.1.2 (Qt - 4.8.6)
>
> This bug concerns the placement of context menus in a two screen setup.
> On my client I have two screens. One in landscape mode from 0,0 to
> 1920,1080 and to its right a second screen in portrait mode, from 1920,0
> to 3120,1600. I run an x2go session, the session type is single application
> (terminal). I fullscreen my application window, either on the left or on
> the right screen. I then open a context menu while my mouse cursor is in
> the bottom half or right half of the application window.
>
> Everything works fine with the application positioned on the right hand
> screen. It is correctly determined that the context menus would not fit
> into the remaining space if they would start where the mouse cursor is, so
> they are repositioned in a way that I can see the entire menu.
>
> But if the application is on my left hand screen the context menus will
> always start (their top left corner) where my mouse cursor is, therefore
> spilling outside my visible monitor area to the bottom, or  
> overlapping into my
> second screen. Expected behaviour: context menus to stay within my
> screen, just as they do for all other non-x2go applications.

this is a very special behaviour on a special setup. We will not be  
able to track this down soon, I am sorry. We may look at it for a  
certain amount of project sponsoring. Please let me know if that is an  
option for you (or your company in case you use X2Go at work).

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb