Subject: X2Go issue (in src:nx-libs) has been marked as closed

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 18:07:37 +0200 (CEST)

close #411
thanks

Hello,

we are very hopeful that X2Go issue #411 reported by you
has been resolved in the new release (2:3.5.0.23) of the
X2Go source project »src:nx-libs«.

You can view the complete changelog entry of src:nx-libs (2:3.5.0.23)
below, and you can use the following link to view all the code changes
between this and the last release of src:nx-libs.

    http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=commitdiff;h=fdeaafb5e2f4520857ca4757261df79d233e05cb;hp=626b5dbae6b7b432d573f88abc8e3e8ae2bdba85

If you feel that the issue has not been resolved satisfyingly, feel
free to reopen this bug report or submit a follow-up report with
further observations described based on the new released version
of src:nx-libs.

Thanks a lot for contributing to X2Go!!!

light+love
X2Go Git Admin (on behalf of the sender of this mail)

---
X2Go Component: src:nx-libs
Version: 2:3.5.0.23-0x2go1
Status: RELEASE
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 18:05:47 +0200
Fixes: 393 411 412 423
Changes: 
 nx-libs (2:3.5.0.23-0x2go1) RELEASED; urgency=low
 .
   [ Orion Poplawski ]
   * Add patch: 054_nx-X11_ppc64-ftbfs.full.patch. Fix FTBFS on ppc64
     architecture. (Fixes: #411).
   * Add patch: 055_nx-X11_imake-Werror-format-security.full.patch. Fix FTBFS
     of imake on current Fedora rawhide (21) which uses the compiler option
     -Werror=format-security for all builds. (Fixes: #412).
   * Add patch: 056_nx-X11-Werror-format-security.patch. Fix more
     -Werror=format-security errors that only show up on ARM builds. (Fixes:
     #423).
   * nx-libs.spec:
     - Sync nx-libs.spec in Fedora with upstream's nx-libs.spec file. (Fixes:
       #393).
 .
   [ Mike Gabriel ]
   * debian/control:
     + Build our imake against x11proto-core-dev headers.
   * nx-libs.spec:
     + Build our imake against xorg-x11-proto-devel.
 .
   [ Oleksandr Shneyder ]
   * Add patch: 205_nxagent_refresh-adsl.full.patch. Fix refresh error on RDP
     connections to Windows 2012 if speed=ADSL.

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 16:10:08 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the nx-libs package:

#411: Fix ppc64 build

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: X2Go issue (in src:nx-libs) has been marked as closed
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 18:07:37 +0200 (CEST)

close #411
thanks

Hello,

light+love

---

Subject: Fix ppc64 build
From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:10:17 -0700

Package: nx-libs
Version: 3.5.0.22
Tags: patch

Apparently gcc on EL7 pcc64 defines a macro named "pixel".  This breaks imake:

make[7]: Entering directory
`/builddir/build/BUILD/nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/programs/Xserver/GL/mesa'
making Makefiles in programs/Xserver/GL/mesa/main...
make[8]: Entering directory
`/builddir/build/BUILD/nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/programs/Xserver/GL/mesa'
In file included from ../../../../../config/cf/Imake.tmpl:2158:0,
                 from Imakefile.c:36:
../../../../../config/cf/X11.tmpl:1704:0: warning:
"UseInstalledOnCrossCompile" is not defined [-Wundef]
 # elif UseInstalledOnCrossCompile
 ^
In file included from ./Imakefile:25:0,
                 from ../../../../../config/cf/Imake.tmpl:2194,
                 from Imakefile.c:36:
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:59:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
   $(MESABUILDDIR)pixel.c \
 ^
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:168:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
 LinkSourceFile(pixel.c, $(MESASRCDIR)/src/mesa/main)
 ^
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:168:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:168:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:168:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:168:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:169:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
 LinkSourceFile(pixel.h, $(MESASRCDIR)/src/mesa/main)
 ^
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:169:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:169:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:169:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:169:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:258:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
   $(MESABUILDDIR)pixel.o \
 ^
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:398:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
   $(MESABUILDDIR)debugger/pixel.o \
 ^
./../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc:466:0: error: detected
recursion whilst expanding macro "pixel"
   $(MESABUILDDIR)profiled/pixel.o \
 ^
make[8]: Leaving directory
`/builddir/build/BUILD/nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/programs/Xserver/GL/mesa'
make[7]: Leaving directory
`/builddir/build/BUILD/nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/programs/Xserver/GL/mesa'
../../../../../config/imake/imake: Exit code 1.
  Stop.
make[8]: *** [main/Makefile] Error 1

The attached patch fixes.  There might be a better place to undefine the
macro, but this works.

-- 
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
NWRA, Boulder/CoRA Office             FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       [email-masked]
Boulder, CO 80301                   http://www.nwra.com
diff -up nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc.ppc64 nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc
--- nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc.ppc64	2014-01-04 13:39:35.000000000 -0700
+++ nx-libs-3.5.0.22/nx-X11/lib/GL/mesa/main/Imakefile.inc	2014-01-24 12:04:00.085272615 -0700
@@ -1,5 +1,8 @@
 XCOMM $XFree86: xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/Imakefile.inc,v 1.7tsi Exp $
 
+/* gcc on ppc64 defines this, causes macro recursion with pixel below */
+#undef pixel
+
 #ifndef MesaBuildDir
 #define MesaBuildDir $(GLXLIBSRC)/mesa/main/
 #endif