Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#402: Bug#402: Numlock issues

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 06:56:41 +0000

Hi Jordi,

On  Fr 11 Apr 2014 08:51:32 CEST, jordi wrote:

>> My question is: if you run the pre-runcommand script just before
>> session startup and then run the post-runcommand script right after
>> session startup (not when the session is ended), are the settings then
>> ok?
>
> Yes right, these scripts should be run at session start and at session end.

Maybe we are misunderstanding each other.

My intention is: change the config for a minute or so, launch the X2Go  
session and then immediately switch back to the saved values.

My question is:

   o launch X2Go session including the pre-runcommand script
   o Wait for the session to come up
   o MANUALLY launch the post-runcommand script

Does that break the numlock state in the X2Go session immediately? Or  
do the related applications remember the settings they had during  
session startup.

I don't want X2Go to "break" user profiles while X2Go sessions are  
running. It is tolerable to tweak configuration files for 20secs  
during session startup, but not for longer.

The alternative approach would be making MATE (upstream) aware of X2Go  
sessions (vs. local X11 sessions).

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb